View Single Post
Old 09-13-2009   #66
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 240829 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

The bottom line is we don't control the LOS. We never have. And after thinking about my newly acquired sig, I am not sure what to attribute it to. I know one thing for sure - you can't attribute the O-line woes to Kubiak. That doesn't mean he isn't accountable, but the difference is in who's actually doing the coaching. So we have a coach with a sterling reputation due to results and he can't do anything with our guys on the O-line? How is that Kubiak's fault? Like I said, I know he'll take the fall for it; that's the price for being at the top. I'm OK with that, but right now I'm more interested in diagnosing.

As for defense, we have had Bill Kollar, Frank Bush, Richard Smith, Jethro Franklin, Jon Hoke, Ray Rhodes, and who knows who else work with most of these same players. And the results have been the same. It's easy to see who the good players are, but after the top 3 or 4 defensive players, it gets fuzzy. Are all these coaches really that inept? Is Kubiak going into the meeting rooms in the middle of the night and erasing the white boards with all the X and O plays? WTF?

Maybe there's talent on this team, but that talent sure as hell isn't doing anything with it. Maybe all these coaches really are inept. Maybe the Texans have somehow managed to hire more line coaches than any other team in the NFL and find all the ones that suck. Maybe Ray Rhodes' success in the past was all a fluke.