View Single Post
Old 07-07-2004   #15
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 657 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

They have a decent set of starting LB's (Spikes, Fletcher, Posey) and they are/were rumored to be in the Gildon chase, plus they run a 4-3 so there are fewer roster spots but you're telling us that DD couldn't compete with the likes of Josh Stamer? lt still makes me wonder if he's not performing well in some aspect or if the injury is still slowing him down. They did sign a couple of undrafted free agent DBs around the time DD was released but I don't see where that would matter if DD was a good prospect in their eyes. They are currently carrying 9 LBs and one of their 8/9 guys is an undrafted free agent by the name of Asa Francis who they must feel is a better prospect at this point than DD. If they were able to sign Gildon, then I could see how they wouldn't have much room at outside LB for an undrafted FA trying to make the team. Maybe he's having trouble getting downfield on special teams. That makes or breaks a lot of backup LBs.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote