View Single Post
Old 07-07-2004   #13
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianj22
Being a personal longtime friend of DD Acholonu for the past 11 years I can tell you he is just as big as most of the other linebackers on the Roster. He is 6'3 243 not 6'2 232. Dont believe me, look up the Houston Texans Roster. I think there was only 2 or 3 other linebackers heavier than him. This kid is solid muscle and will be a great addition to the 3-4 and specialty teams because of his 4.4-4.5 speed. He led the Pac-10 in sacks his sophmore year and didnt even start a game that year. He's second all time at Wash. St. in Sacks and and Tackles for Loss. All of this while only starting his Senior Year. He was projected to be drafted as early as the 4th round but because of a hamstring injury at the combine he posted a slower 40 than what he can run and for some reason he was listed as the 6'2 232 when he's bigger than that.
Thanks for the info. I was WONDERING why he ran such a slow 40 time (4.7) at the combine when he was obviously faster than that. I mean, how many college defensive ends do you know of that also ran track?

And since he's a friend of yours, maybe you can shed some light on a question that I have. When he signed with Buffalo, why was he released so quickly?
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote