View Single Post
Old 09-10-2009   #15
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111966 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My fantasy draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
Hixon is taken. Who would you recommend between Washington and Henry and who would you think about dropping? Also, who would you drop for one of them? I already dropped Coffee to snag the Tampa Bay defense just in case Chicago sucks it up, which they probably will this week against Green Bay.

Also, get back to me if you have a chance on who you think I could try and get for Cutler.

No problem. I went ahead and held on to Scaife.

Quote:
Yeah, it was between Rivers and Rodgers for me. It is funny how much people seem to forget about those two. They were just behind Brees in fantasy points and both look like they might do even better this year. I went with Rodgers due to the added rushing ability and two great WRs.
They are both going to be really good this year, but I think Rodgers does better. He is very mobile and their O line is blocking great. He has so many weapons now as well.

Quote:
Thanks man. The main thing I liked about Miller is he gets quite a few tds and has remained consistent over his career. But yes, he is mainly a blocker.
He is a great TE man. He can be very effective in the passing game, but they'll need to rely on him more for blocking and that's the problem.

Quote:
I will definitely be watching the Green Bay game to see how Finley looks. Where were you reading about guys raving about him? I haven't seen anything written on him or said about him.
For people that don't know Jermichael Finley, they'll know his name in a few weeks, I can assure you.

Finley was an absolute stud at Texas and left early because he wasn't being used enough and had financial problems because of having a lot of kids early on. The guy is a freak. His potential is out of this roof, and he's been catching a lot of passes in pre season. I've read some stuff on him on ROTO WORLD which is by far the best place for updates on fantasy football, but keep that to yourself, because the less people that know about Roto as their main source the better, and I also have heard from a lot of GB fans on another board called PigSkinHeaven that I'm a very active member of which is a football board for all NFL teams. Texans84 is a member there. We have a lot of good fantasy football talks in there, and it helps me a lot. If you'd like I'll send you a link to the board so you can check it out. You'd be a nice member there. Nitro is in there as well, but rarely ever posts.

Quote:
This is a great team all around. Your WRs might be a bit weak but Harvin could surprise and Santana Moss can put up some numbers. I had Evans last year and he was a decent starter for me. Desean Jackson (I am assuming that is who you mean) should only get better. If you mean Vincent, he should also do well.
Desean Jackson is going to have a hell of a year.

Quote:
Nice. Are you doing two RBs, a flex, and two WRs?

Your starting QBs are great, and I love Slaton. Michael Bush could prove to be a valuable commodity as well as Hillis. I am a little leery of Benson but he has some upside and has basically been handed the starting position.

Since you have Ocho Cinco, should I try to trade Cutler for Ocho Cinco and Schaub?
Yes my league has two RB's, two WR's, and a flex. I took out team defense and added a defensive player instead. I hate kickers and team defenses. Next year I'll be taking out the kicker position as well.

When I drafted Rodgers the next best players on the boards were Desean and Ocho so I wanted to make sure my WR's were good because if you struggle with that position it's highly unlikely that you'll find a gem or diamond in the rough as a WR. It happens, but it's highly unlikely. You can always find gems at RB every year once guys start getting hurt. My RB's right now are a little questionable, because most of them are back ups or in committees, but if their starters get hurt all of them have huge potential and should be used quite a bit even as the back ups. I had to take Benson where I did because he was the only for sure starter and he's in a contract year, so he might do well.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote