View Single Post
Old 09-09-2009   #11
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My fantasy draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Decent team and all.

Your going to want to get another QB to pair with Ben though. I had Ben last season and grabbed him early after he accounted for 36 TD's the year before and the thing about Ben is when they're winning towards the 4th quarters by over two TD's he always gets pulled. That drove me nuts last season. Plus they run the ball so much that Ben doesn't get a lot of yards in the air, and with his O line being so banged up he is always one hit away from injury. And his defense is so good that they can run the ball all of the time. He'll have some really nice games here and there though. Luckily I was really good at guessing which ones last season and got lucky a lot.

I'll take a wild guess that Stafford is available in your league. He might put up some decent numbers with Calvin there actually. Stafford has a hell of an arm. I wouldn't suggest a rookie, but I'm sure most of the other good QB's are already taken.

I wouldn't put much stock into Cadillac being the starter. That will be a full blown committee. Portis and Peterson are pretty good though.

Pretty good depth at WR as well.
Yeah, there was a freaking crazy run on QB's they were all going fast and early so I said screw it and got good depth at WR and RB, and took a QB like Ben in later on, it was better than reaching for him or his equal 2 rounds sooner. I was thinking about trading for a better QB but haven't decided if I want to give up what I got. I also think Jason Campbell with the Redskins will have a really nice year too and can be had later on in the draft, I just couldn't get him but if I can get a guy like that to couple with Ben I will be good I think.