View Single Post
Old 09-09-2009   #7
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 133036 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My fantasy draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
Thanks Tex. Rep to you as well. And yes, your guess would be correct.

That was exactly why I picked up Cutler but like an *****, didn't realize he and Rodgers have the same bye week. I was so surprised when he was there that late that I drafted him without even thinking. I will definitely take a look at Finley. The thing I liked about Scaife is he has been pretty consistently average, which isn't always a bad thing.
My league that I run is a 14 man league. QB's are very heavy because we get 6 points per TD and 5 per 100 yards. I went early with a QB after grabbing Slaton with my first pick. I had to take Rodgers. He was great last year and this year that offense has been lighting teams up like a laser show. That O line is great. I'm so PRO PACKERS for fantasy this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
I would try and trade Cutler for another decent player or something or maybe just wait a week or so, because Cutler should still be pretty good even without great weapons. He's been good in pre season thus far. Someone's QB might get hurt, or they'll have a knee jerk reaction to a terrible game.

What about Heath Miller? He is available so you think I should drop Scaife for him or would you still take Finley over him?
I wouldn't touch Heath Miller unless I had nothing else to grab. He is one of the best TE's in the league but mainly because of his blocking. Not his receiving. He can be a nice weapon but Pittsburgh is going to rely on him more for blocking again this year because their O line is so pathetic. I just read that a day or so ago on Roto. Believe me, Miller will NOT be consistent.

Carlson is already a pretty good TE for your starter right now. The Hawks don't have great WR's so Carlson should get some balls thrown his way.

I've got Finley in both of my leagues. He is behind Donald Brown right now, but he's already been way out performing him in pre season and all reports indicate that he's dominating people in practice. They've been raving about him for weeks now and he seemed unstoppable in one pre season game I watched. He left college early after his sophmore year so he just wasn't ready completely last year. He seems ready to break out this year if they use him enough. If he is available I'd snag him up and play Carlson for now and wait and see what Finley does in the first week or two.

Finley will be used as a pass catching TE and not a blocker while Miller will be used more as a blocker and not a pass catcher. Plus, Finley will be on one of the best offenses in the league while Miller will be on one of the worst passing offenses in the league.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote