View Single Post
Old 07-06-2004   #25
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

It seems to me that Travis LaBoy & Randy Starks are more than fair consideration to give up for Babin (though its all speculation at this point, since none of us have any knowledge of how these guys will perform in the NFL). Additional consideration of the TCU player (Schobel the DE - think that's his name) represents a definite premium. Swapping 5ht round picks is immaterial. LaBoy, a DE who would also be a OLB prospect for us, might have near the potential that Babin has. And Starks was a mock first rounder for quite a while, but fell like a rock shortley before the draft ? The guy was a DL in college in the 3-4 at Maryland - our D line, though looking good for this season is old and thin.
Still on the board in the 3rd round, I think Starks could be the steal of the draft this year ,i.e., this years D.Davis.
I'd be skeptical of the Rams( or any other 4-3 team), having genuine interest in
Babin in the first round. Babin reportedly is relative sluggish and not nearly as
quick playing at a heavier weight than 260. He is a true tweener, only 3-4 teams would pay top dollar for him.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote