View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009   #8
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61321 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Questions about parking on Saturday

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
290 to 610 South exit Main Street, left under freeway. Don't ever try to go to a game an hour before it starts. You will not see kickoff.

If you get there early (4-2 hours in advance) you will never have traffic problems. After the game, you will (reguardless of what lot you're in) be stuck in traffic. And I highly, highly reccomend in yellow lot you park as close to the gate (there is only one exit for that huge lot). If you park up close to the practice bubble, expect to be stuck in traffic...for forever (I was stuck there for at least 1 hour before I was able to get out onto Main Street).
Great advice. Thank you!

One other question since I'm down on humanity right now. My house got burglarized a couple weeks ago... how is the crime in the parking lots? Have any of you had stuff taken off your tailgate while you're in the stadium? I'm looking into hauling my trailer in for a larger, elaborate comfortable tailgate after I get my feet wet. How much focus should I put into getting its contents locked up? Basically, am I going to have to worry about coolers walking off?

I'll most likely be heading to the Blue Crew for the Minnesota game if their open invitation still stands. For tomorrow's game, I'm going to just wander aimlessly trying to see what it's all like. I've never tailgated. I've always bypassed that and got to my seats as quickly as I could after parking. I like watching warmups and all that. Being a new season ticket holder... I think it's time for me to try tailgating!