View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009   #7
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51561 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Advice on #2 pick in FF league

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexMexVato View Post
League is non-PPR - thanks for all your advice. It was just a flash in the pan thought but I think I'm leaning more towards MJD or Forte'. The Texans fan in me doesn't want MJD but he's hard to ignore. I just wish I could trade down a couple and make things easier.
If you really want to go with a Texan player, take Slaton. I have him at about 6 overall, so it wouldn't the biggest reach in the world. He had more rushing yards, rushing TD's, and a better ypc than Forte. Forte's edge came in the passing game but since you're not in a ppr league and the Bears now have a QB who won't check down on every other pass.

Of course, Slaton could lose goal line carries as long as Brown is healthy. Personally I wouldn't take Slaton there but I also don't think it would be all that crazy.