View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009   #5
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 50432 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Advice on #2 pick in FF league

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
If it's not a PPR league, you'd be nuts to take a WR at #2 IMO.

MJD or Forte would be my pick if it's not PPR, and even if it's not. 2 is just too high.

Michael Turner - just look at the stats. Last year, whenever they played a bad defense, he was GREAT. When they played tough defenses - he was terrible. This year, the Falcons have a MUCH tougher schedule against tougher defenses. Turner is for sure a first round pick - but I wouldn't take him at #2 where he is going in most leagues.

Seriously look at his games last year and the defenses he played. He was almost always great against weak run Ds, and almost always terrible against good ones.

Forte is the featured back - plus he's got a real QB now who will make teams fear the passing game - PLUS he gets a lot of catches.

MJD I think will do really well and hold up fine physically as the feature back in Jacksonville.
Good points. I would also like to add that Turner carried the rock 376 times which makes him a candidate for the curse of 370. I think LT2 is the only RB have a solid season the year after topping 370 carries.

Personally I would go

1. AD
2. MJD (especially in ppr format)
3. Forte