View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009   #4
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Advice on #2 pick in FF league

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
If it's not a PPR league, you'd be nuts to take a WR at #2 IMO.

MJD or Forte would be my pick if it's not PPR, and even if it's not. 2 is just too high.

Michael Turner - just look at the stats. Last year, whenever they played a bad defense, he was GREAT. When they played tough defenses - he was terrible. This year, the Falcons have a MUCH tougher schedule against tougher defenses. Turner is for sure a first round pick - but I wouldn't take him at #2 where he is going in most leagues.

Seriously look at his games last year and the defenses he played. He was almost always great against weak run Ds, and almost always terrible against good ones.

Forte is the featured back - plus he's got a real QB now who will make teams fear the passing game - PLUS he gets a lot of catches.

MJD I think will do really well and hold up fine physically as the feature back in Jacksonville.
Well said. I love Turner but the stats bear out your thoughts and their schedule is brutal. So besides him you get Forte, MJD and Peterson..if anyone skips him.