View Single Post
Old 08-19-2009   #76
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Young fired up to wear Oilers' logo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
He not only put it together he took the team through two moves and a name change and ran it all the way to the Super Bowl. Then for the next three seasons set a record for most wins by a team over a three year span which was eventually beaten by the Colts. In 14 seasons he has only had 4 teams with losing records. Won the division 4 times including a conference championship. He has coached an MVP and dealt with several 1st round busts. All of that and survived a cap purge.

You gotta admit Kubiak could never hope to have such a sweat stash?

No, we don't have to admit anything like that. So far in his head coaching career Kubiak has pretty much matched Fisher step for step. Until he does otherwise you have to admit that Fisher did no better at the same point in his career. You have to admit this because it is fact.

And let me say that if/when Kubiak falls short of one of Fish's accomplishments I'll be the first to say "Well, Kubiak didn't keep up". Until then our coach is no worse than yours was at this point in his career.

I'm off topic again. So what's the subject? Vince got a pair of vintage Oilers pajamas or something?

We know Vince is fired up to wear the Oilers logo. I imagine former Oilers are nauseous at the sight though.