View Single Post
Old 08-19-2009   #60
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10688 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bud looking pretty bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Really? Thats 31250 to 37500 a game at 80 games. Thats about right. I would still say that the Astros rank third in this city.

Or maybe its just me. I do only watch baseball when I am having a hard time sleeping.

I am not blaming the fans solely. I am just saying we had a part in it. If 100k people would of stormed the city, crowding the streets and pretty much shutting down the city, then we would have the Houston Oilers in some capacity and we would be having Blazing Arrow over for dinner and meeting the family.

Instead, Bud left, we cheered, and then got pist when the NFL said they would not come back to Houston.

And what reason would Bud of had to think that the opinion of the public was going to change and build a new stadium? The Mayor said no, Eckles said no, the Rodeo said no, the sports writers sold us on the fact that we didnt need one, and we the people said no. How many no's does one person need to get?
The Astros are number one in Houston/South Texas.

I personally like The Texans,Astros,Rockets in that order.
But until the Texans start winning this is a baseball town, for now.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote