View Single Post
Old 08-19-2009   #50
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 54908 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bud looking pretty bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
The Astros have between 2.5 - 3 million+ attendance every year since the baseball stadium was opened in 1999. Houston ranks in the top 10-15 of attendance in the past 10 years according to MLB/ESPN.
Really? Thats 31250 to 37500 a game at 80 games. Thats about right. I would still say that the Astros rank third in this city.

Or maybe its just me. I do only watch baseball when I am having a hard time sleeping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Stop blaming fans. Bud's greed is the ONLY reason he left. The conditions were not right at the time he demanded a new stadium, but with a little patience and willingness to work with the Houston Rodeo and civic leaders, he would have eventually gotten a new stadium.
I am not blaming the fans solely. I am just saying we had a part in it. If 100k people would of stormed the city, crowding the streets and pretty much shutting down the city, then we would have the Houston Oilers in some capacity and we would be having Blazing Arrow over for dinner and meeting the family.

Instead, Bud left, we cheered, and then got pist when the NFL said they would not come back to Houston.

And what reason would Bud of had to think that the opinion of the public was going to change and build a new stadium? The Mayor said no, Eckles said no, the Rodeo said no, the sports writers sold us on the fact that we didnt need one, and we the people said no. How many no's does one person need to get?

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote