View Single Post
Old 08-19-2009   #43
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bud looking pretty bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Don't get mad at me now. I didn't say if only Texan_Bill had attended more games Bud would never of moved the team. I was a die hard fan as well, just couldn't afford to go to games. I even wrote my high school English papers on what the Oilers needed to improve the team and go to the Super Bowl.

I am just saying that Houston as a whole played a part in the Oilers leaving.

I still find it funny that Drayton told the city what a fine facility the Dome was only to watch Bud leave and then tell us if the Astros did not draw a million in attendance and build him a new stadium he was going to move them to Washington. And we complied. For a baseball team. Nobody cares about baseball.

Bud Adams was and forever will be a lightning rod for bad press He is like the TO of owners. No matter what he does its wrong.

And don't get me wrong. I am not saying I want to give the man a hug. At the end of the day he still took my team away. I am just saying as a city we all could of handled things a bit differently.

But on the bright side at least its not an Oiler stretching out but falling one yard short in the Super Bowl.
Drayton was an opportunist and used the Oilers leaving as leverage. Mayor Lanier was the ***** that drove the team out moreso than the fans. We filled that stadium year after year till Bud started telling us he was out of here.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote