View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009   #38
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 316914 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bud looking pretty bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
True but the new head coach did say he could win with that QB didn't he? Then we need to know if Kubiak had to say that to get the job or if Bob McNair would have hired him if he'd said "I can't do anything with this guy. He's a nice young man but he's not going to win in the NFL".

I've often wondered about that.
yeah, it's one of those things that we probably will never really know unless Kubiak wins Super Bowls and writes an autobiography after retiring.

I tend to think that it was McNair, and here's my speculative reasoning: upon hiring Kubiak, they offer an $8 million bonus to extend for three more seasons. Within a year, dude was gone from the team. IF that had been a Kubiak endorsement, I think pride would have prevailed and he would have continued to try to get it to work. But, as it is, the QB was a Sage-broken-hand away from being replaced by the back-up during the season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Bob McNair has been a nube owner and he's made a lot of mistakes early on. I've been very critical of him at various times but his team understands PR, maybe even too well. We all share the same refrain that I think we got from Vinny about the Texans being a Public Relations firm with a football division. Sometimes you just wish they'd be a little less "Has that been cleared by our lawyers" about things but a trip down the Bud Adams version of Memory Lane puts a stop to that right away. The Texans keep everything under their hat which can be frustrating at times but it beats the hell out of having your GM walk around with his pants down around his ankles.
LOL! yeah, I'll take ReliantWorld and the fan-friendly-first atmosphere of our Texans over the Grinchville attitude of the previous owner any day of the week. We definitely have that history to reflect upon and deepen our appreciation for what we have now, that's for sure.

No doubt about it.