View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009   #36
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209247 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bud looking pretty bad

Awesome post, Herv, and sums up the history of Bud Adams in Houston very well. I can't really add anything to it after reading it twice. Rep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
To be honest, I'm pretty well over the Oilers. I don't really care about them one way or another anymore. All they ever did was break our hearts and all Bud ever did was piss us off. As for the records and such, most relocated teams take it with them (Colts, Cards, Rams, Raiders to LA, Raiders back to Oakland, even the old AFL teams that moved). So I don't really care much about that, especially since most of the players that hold those records have professed their love and loyalty to Houston, even now. So Bud can have the team and the records .... the players are ours.
I hear ya', and I'm mostly the same way. Herv and I attended an Earl Campbell autograph event recently, and I think seeing #34 in his wheelchair brought back a lot of those fond memories. I ended up buying a couple of Earl figurines for my boys, and I cannot deny that there is a small sense of nostalgia when looking at the old Oilers unis as they are represented on the Tyler Rose.

I understand about the records and franchise ownership, and don't really care that they are not in Houston. But, I think they should have been retired with the Oilers logo and the Titans start fresh with new records. It is disingenuous to fans of both cities to drag "franchise records" from one place to another, IMO. But that's just my take.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
And McNair doesn't meddle with the football ops to the point that he rambles on in some video about how the current backup is the future of the team.
This is true, but he is willing to force a new head coach to deal with wasting a year trying to improve a busted QB.

Last edited by Double Barrel; 08-18-2009 at 03:15 PM.
Double Barrel is offline   Reply With Quote