View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009   #31
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 101383 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bud looking pretty bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie View Post
TB, being an Oiler diehard as you were, I have a few questions for you.. Now I am a Yankee myself, so I didn't much know about the passion of the fans here, I was more so into the Giants. What year was it that after the playoff loss that the Dome was packed to welcome the team home? That picture you posted was something else.
What I did hear is that is wasn't BA who wouldn't allow tailgating, it was the HSA who wouldn't, as they wanted the revenue inside to be more, again, it is what I heard, so I am not sure who or what side to believe on that, but it was said that BA was not against it.
I do agree with the fact that even though 40 showed up at city hall, BA was already gone..I still remember the fact that they put all that money into the dome to make it better for BA, then before that one game, the field was all F'ked up, uneven, and they postponed it or whatever it was...
Man, I do feel for you old Oiler fans, BA was/is a lying bastard that even I know to be true..But being a transplant, the Texans are my #1A team and NY is my #1B team, good thing they are in different conferences !
To your first question:
The Dome filling up after a playoff loss happened twice. 1978 & 1979.

Second:
Even if it was HSA's call about tailgating, Dud should've fought for his customer's game day enjoyment. Wouldn't you??

A kick in the groin for the bolded part, although I do root for them two times a year...