View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009   #28
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bud looking pretty bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
80's? 90's? I was there - every game (the exceptions being 86 & 87 - I was overseas). As far as passionate Oiler fans, I can remember a couple of raucous crowds in the Oilers final year here. Not every game that season, but a couple still drew 45 to 50k. I remember corps having to step in to avoid blackouts too, but I attribute that to something someone mentioned earlier in the thread - This is a transplant city. Ya know what though? it didn't phase me a bit, because instead of worrying about whether the game was going to be televised, I was wondering why the chicken necked, POS wouldn't let us tailgate (we even got busted for throwing a football - but that's for another thread).

Very few people like Yankee and his "The Mrs" join in the passion for a team of their adopted city. I wish more were like Lindsay and Ryan.

Going back to my original point, Bud Adams is the epitomy of corporate welfare. This city, hell this county (the Astrodome is owned by Harris County) gave and gave and gave to that POS. What did he do in return, **** us! So **** him!! Oklahoman POS!!!
TB, being an Oiler diehard as you were, I have a few questions for you.. Now I am a Yankee myself, so I didn't much know about the passion of the fans here, I was more so into the Giants. What year was it that after the playoff loss that the Dome was packed to welcome the team home? That picture you posted was something else.
What I did hear is that is wasn't BA who wouldn't allow tailgating, it was the HSA who wouldn't, as they wanted the revenue inside to be more, again, it is what I heard, so I am not sure who or what side to believe on that, but it was said that BA was not against it.
I do agree with the fact that even though 40 showed up at city hall, BA was already gone..I still remember the fact that they put all that money into the dome to make it better for BA, then before that one game, the field was all F'ked up, uneven, and they postponed it or whatever it was...
Man, I do feel for you old Oiler fans, BA was/is a lying bastard that even I know to be true..But being a transplant, the Texans are my #1A team and NY is my #1B team, good thing they are in different conferences !
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote