View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009   #23
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 64444 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bud looking pretty bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill
BTW, Don't ever say Oilers fans weren't passionate:

I am by far not trying to argue with you regarding the passion of Oiler fans.....But that photo was from the 70's. What about the early 80's? Mid 80's? Sure the late 80's to early 90's they started to draw, but even then there were still blackouts. I remember a Sunday night game during all of our playoff runs a corporate sponcer had to buy out the seats. How many times did we sit on pins and needles and hope we made our Friday deadline to sell out the dome? I practicaly grew up having to listen to them on the radio. You could hear a Pin drop in the dome in 94.

Even after he made his deal with Nashville it still was not finalized cus it had to pass a vote. There was still plenty of time to save our Oilers or at least show the NFL we cared. But we didnt. In fact the mood was "Well Bud don't let the door knob hit ya on the way out."

Its easy to be passionate when your team is winning. But how about the losing? Texan fans are head and shoulders more passionate than Oiler fans. I don't know if its due to the computer age where we get to sit and talk to hundreds or thousands of different fans, the increase in information on each individual player, the tailgating, or the fact that we lost a team and now are more greatfull to the team that we have now.

Despite 4-12, 5-11, 7-8, 2-14, 6-10, 8-8, and 8-8, we still challenge anyone who says our team sucks. You put that same record witht he Oilers and you get the early 80's edition and no one went to those games.

We may not be in our seats by kickoff but at least we show up.

But that is my perception or perspecitve of the matter.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote