View Single Post
Old 08-17-2009   #19
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10688 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bud looking pretty bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Houston is so much of a transplant city that its hard to get rabid support for any one team. Its not like NY, or Chicago, Pit, or Green Bay with generations of loyal sports fans. (lets face it, who the hell wants to go to those places?) Instead we have 5 million people and probably over 50% of those people are not from here. Then when a bond election comes up for a new stadium that would increase there taxes they shoot it down cus they have no real emotional investment in the home team.
Im tired of hearing this "we are a transplant" city.
We are not anymore a transplant city then Chicago or New York, its just that they have been around and had a larger population longer. Pretty much all NY and LA is transplants from other cities/countries just as Houston and pretty much all of America is.
It is not hard to get a rabid fan base in Houston, we support 4 professional teams that all have a great fanbase!!! Also, how did we get 3(maybe 4) brand new stadiums if people "shoot it down", we already proved that statement wrong.
And I am a little confused about your "who the hell wants to go to those places"..are you saying people do not want to go to NY/Chicago!?
I guess I just need some clarification
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote