View Single Post
Old 08-17-2009   #11
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bud looking pretty bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
No offense, TR, but Adams did not need "help". He's a multi-millionaire that made that decision all by his lonesome, and if he even had a shred of decency and loyalty to this city, he would have persevered and Reliant would now be his crib and the Houston Oilers would be celebrating their 50th anniversary.

I absolutely refuse to see him as a "victim" that had no options to survive. He left this city holding a $60 million bond that was used to upgrade the Astrodome FOR HIM after he held the team hostage by courting Jacksonville. It was only a few years later that he left town with his tail between his legs and NEVER gave Oilers fans a chance to fight for the team or petition the NFL to keep them and/or the heritage in Houston. He would have outlasted the mayor just like he did all the ones before.

Ralph Wilson said in his HoF announcement press conference that teams form a bond with a community, and the ONLY reason for an owner to leave is greed and to make more money. (Wilson voted against every relocation, btw, because he's a man of character and principles.)

Blaming fans?! We showed up to games for a lame duck team that was playing, at best, mediocre football.

When I see Bud Adams all I see is a big middle finger and a giant F.U. to this city.

As far as supporting the Texans decision, he made money off of it. McNair ponied up a heckuva' lot of $$$ to get this team, and anywhere there is $$$ to be made, ol' Bud Adams is sure to give his approval. I'm sure he would have voted 'yes' to an L.A. franchise, as well (if they ever had their act together).

I'll grant the history of the AFL. But it wasn't Bud that was the pioneer. It was Lamar Hunt that deserves that honor. Without Hunt, the AFL would not have even existed.

Sorry for the rant. Watching six minutes of Bud Adams is six minutes of my life I will never get back, and it just makes me want to vomit.

On the bright side, he could be babbling on about Vince Young as our QB, so there is the silver lining to that storm cloud.
THIS!!^^^^^^

Do people realize that money is still owed on the original renovations to the Astrodome?? You know, the first time when he threatened to leave the city for Jacksonville?? That debt isn't set to mature for another couple of years...

Victim my ass. The taxpayers of Harris County were / are the victims.