View Single Post
Old 08-17-2009   #10
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bud looking pretty bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
I am over hating Bud Adams. I got the Texans now and they are starting to look like a real football team. And I guess after this year and reading all the stuff on Bud he really is the reason why we have the NFL that we have. If it was not for him the AFL might of folded and there never would of been a merger.

And I don't completely blame Adams for the Oilers moving. Eckles, Turkey neck, the Astros owner, the fans, and the sports writers of Houston all helped Adam's decision to leave.

Adams was even supportive of Houston getting the Texans.

Adams was a pioneer of the modern NFL and it will be a sad day when he passes.

Having said that, I hate, hate, the Titans with every fiber in my body.
No offense, TR, but Adams did not need "help". He's a multi-millionaire that made that decision all by his lonesome, and if he even had a shred of decency and loyalty to this city, he would have persevered and Reliant would now be his crib and the Houston Oilers would be celebrating their 50th anniversary.

I absolutely refuse to see him as a "victim" that had no options to survive. He left this city holding a $60 million bond that was used to upgrade the Astrodome FOR HIM after he held the team hostage by courting Jacksonville. It was only a few years later that he left town with his tail between his legs and NEVER gave Oilers fans a chance to fight for the team or petition the NFL to keep them and/or the heritage in Houston. He would have outlasted the mayor just like he did all the ones before.

Ralph Wilson said in his HoF announcement press conference that teams form a bond with a community, and the ONLY reason for an owner to leave is greed and to make more money. (Wilson voted against every relocation, btw, because he's a man of character and principles.)

Blaming fans?! We showed up to games for a lame duck team that was playing, at best, mediocre football.

When I see Bud Adams all I see is a big middle finger and a giant F.U. to this city.

As far as supporting the Texans decision, he made money off of it. McNair ponied up a heckuva' lot of $$$ to get this team, and anywhere there is $$$ to be made, ol' Bud Adams is sure to give his approval. I'm sure he would have voted 'yes' to an L.A. franchise, as well (if they ever had their act together).

I'll grant the history of the AFL. But it wasn't Bud that was the pioneer. It was Lamar Hunt that deserves that honor. Without Hunt, the AFL would not have even existed.

Sorry for the rant. Watching six minutes of Bud Adams is six minutes of my life I will never get back, and it just makes me want to vomit.

On the bright side, he could be babbling on about Vince Young as our QB, so there is the silver lining to that storm cloud.