View Single Post
Old 08-17-2009   #45
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 273484 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Young fired up to wear Oilers' logo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
I was just giving you a hard time but at the end of the day I still think the Texans have over looked there secondary and it will come back to bite them. Without improved S play and better coverage by the CBs you guys will float in that 7-9 win area until your O starts to drop off and the team looks to rebuild. As AJ gets older he is going to want to start going to the playoffs and looking for that ring. Its only a matter of time that it either happens on this team or he moves on. He is 28 and probably has about 4 to 5 more productive seasons in him. If you don't make the playoffs this season his days are numbered as a Texan IMO.

I agree with you that the secondary has again received the smelly end of the stick but the Texans think that if they can improve the pressure they get with the front seven then they can get away with the secondary they have. I don't think that's totally crazy thinking though I'd feel better if they'd go out and steal somebody's "real-deal" FS. I know they're not easily found but our secondary is more or less leaderless and has been since Aaron Glenn left.

AJ isn't going anywhere. He'll get a trip to the post-season this year and be all smiles.