View Single Post
Old 08-17-2009   #39
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow
Default Re: Young fired up to wear Oilers' logo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
That's certainly a very significant method of measuring improvement. It's not the only one though and you know that as well as I do. The 2006 Texans were 6-10, in 2007 they improved by two games to 8-8. The 2008 Texans did not improve on that 8-8 record but they were clearly a better team than the previous season, even if the results didn't appear in the W/L column.

Statistics clearly show this. My eyes tell me this. I keep the Texans progress in perspective. We reached .500 a year sooner than the Cowboys did and we'll get over .500 a year later than they did.

You know, the Buc's were legendary losers and finished under .500 in 19 out of their first 21 seasons but when Bucs fan and Titan fan start talking smack to one another only one of those guys can say "Ring, STFU".

At the other end of the spectrum you have the Houston Oilers. Winners of two AFL titles they have since gone a remarkable 48 years without another one. I hope the Texans can avoid a drought like that.

I was just giving you a hard time but at the end of the day I still think the Texans have over looked there secondary and it will come back to bite them. Without improved S play and better coverage by the CBs you guys will float in that 7-9 win area until your O starts to drop off and the team looks to rebuild. As AJ gets older he is going to want to start going to the playoffs and looking for that ring. Its only a matter of time that it either happens on this team or he moves on. He is 28 and probably has about 4 to 5 more productive seasons in him. If you don't make the playoffs this season his days are numbered as a Texan IMO.

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote