View Single Post
Old 08-17-2009   #36
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Young fired up to wear Oilers' logo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
Wouldn't "going in the right dirrection" imply that you are getting more wins then in the previos year?
That's certainly a very significant method of measuring improvement. It's not the only one though and you know that as well as I do. The 2006 Texans were 6-10, in 2007 they improved by two games to 8-8. The 2008 Texans did not improve on that 8-8 record but they were clearly a better team than the previous season, even if the results didn't appear in the W/L column.

Statistics clearly show this. My eyes tell me this. I keep the Texans progress in perspective. We reached .500 a year sooner than the Cowboys did and we'll get over .500 a year later than they did.

You know, the Buc's were legendary losers and finished under .500 in 19 out of their first 21 seasons but when Bucs fan and Titan fan start talking smack to one another only one of those guys can say "Ring, STFU".

At the other end of the spectrum you have the Houston Oilers. Winners of two AFL titles they have since gone a remarkable 48 years without another one. I hope the Texans can avoid a drought like that.