View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009   #40
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 100129 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Site Donation FYI

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand1 View Post
Just out of curiousity but why so much for the monthly costs, seems a bit high for a couple vbulletin forums.
We are on a dedicated server. We've tried cheaper hosting solutions (lower end servers) in the past and have had problems because a busy board is a bandwidth hog. Some of the old timers here will remember some of those issues. I haven't found a shared server solution that would take us either because they don't want boards due to the the above issues I mentioned.

I have talked to several other NFL fan site hosts (some with less traffic than us) and they have had similar issues and had to upgrade as well because of their boards. The NFL has even had problems with their boards especially during the season (crawling, crashing, etc). Some teams have gotten rid of them altogether because they are a headache.

The dedicated server we are on now should never give us issues and hasn't since we moved in here. It is lightning fast. Maybe it is a little overkill but as long as people contribute and I can keep affording to make up the difference it's worth it to be here. However as I have mentioned before if someone has any cheaper hosting solution ideas I am open to hear about them as long as we don't compromise the quality of the experience here.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote