View Single Post
Old 05-04-2004   #31
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunno
When he couldn't run away from that guy on the one he had broken I figured he was finished, in fact, I thought they'd dump him last year. Unless he's increased his top speed (how do you do that?) he's a goner.
It is just odd to me that the most consistant criticism of JJ is his lack of top speed/getting caught from behind. Yeah he got caught from behind, AFTER a 70 yard return. That is a signal to bench the guy? Would you really be happier if a guy that ran a 4.2 40 brought it back really quickly to the thirty? Is the only acceptable result on a KR a TD? Seems to me that there is a zone of blame for JJ--if he returns it between the Texans' 20 and 35 it is clap and good return. If he gets past the 35 (i.e. a better return) it becomes he is too slow let's bench him. There are valid criticisms of JJ, such as his punt returns or the fact that he is not a legitimate WR, and he certainly could be beat out by some of the people the Texans have brought in, but criticizing a guy for getting a 70 yard return just seems to be setting the bar a tad bit high IMO.