View Single Post
Old 07-05-2004   #11
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmaker
Higher picks *usually* equates to higher expectations, from what I read Babin was a reach even at 27th. If OLB was such an importance (and I wholly agree that needed to be upgraded) then why not draft the best 3-4 LB at 11th cuz I'm sure there was a player ranked higher then Babin.
The 27th overall pick is a high pick. Now, it wouldn't be in the NBA draft, but it certainly is in the NFL. We don't use conventional 4-3 OLB's in our system (most are too small and that is why you don't see us draft them for the most part) and the Texans stated that Babin was the highest rated edge player on their draft board (so that would make him the highest rated 3-4 olb in the draft according to the Texans). They haven't been prone to lie too much about such things since the start of the franchise and have been as straight-shooting a management team as we have directing our sports teams since I can remember, so take it fwiw.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote