View Single Post
Old 07-05-2004   #10
Playmaker
Veteran

Rep Power: 244 Playmaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by __V__
Why does someone have to be a 7th pick to have merit or excite the fan base? 3-4 defenses need outstanding outside linebackers. We don't have a 'great' OLB. We do have a solid Cornerback in Glenn. OLB has been a need here since the start. That's likely why.
Higher picks *usually* equates to higher expectations, from what I read Babin was a reach even at 27th. If OLB was such an importance (and I wholly agree that needed to be upgraded) then why not draft the best 3-4 LB at 11th cuz I'm sure there was a player ranked higher then Babin. I understand they drafted the best available athlete at thier need positions and came up with Dunta.

I guess it boils down to Babin being a reach at 27th pick. I *hope* he turns out what the Texans wanted him for but frankly won't be surprised if he doesn't live up to the expectations.

*edit*

Last edited by Playmaker; 07-05-2004 at 01:54 AM.
Playmaker is offline   Reply With Quote