View Single Post
Old 06-27-2009   #1
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 57075 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82
Default Haynesworth: VY needs "a ticket out of Nashville"

Haynesworth Thinks Vince Young Needs A Ticket Out Of Nashville

Posted by Aaron Wilson on June 26, 2009, 7:56 p.m.
Washington Redskins defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth didn’t mince words when asked if he thought former teammate Vince Young had any chance to regain his starting quarterback job with the Tennessee Titans.
During an interview with Adam Schein and Jim Miller of NFL Sirius Radio, Haynesworth prefaced his remarks by stating that Young is a good friend. Then, he made it clear that he thinks his friend needs a change of scenery as soon as possible.
“Vince is a really good friend of mine, but I just don’t see it happening in Nashville,” Haynesworth said. “I think he has to go elsewhere and start over. I’ve been in that organization and when you fall out of the good graces with certain people, you’re not going to get back in there.”
Ranking second on the depth chart behind Kerry Collins and holding a big contract that makes him essentially uncuttable and unable to be traded because of the financial ramifications, Young is unlikely to be going to another team anytime soon.
At least not this year.
“I don’t think they’ll trade him because of the salary-cap hit,” Haynesworth said. “I think he can succeed elsewhere. He’s an awesome quarterback. He’s an amazing talent.”
Does Young possess the mental toughness to succeed in light of his extremely emotional responses to being benched and being injured?
“I think they really blew it out of proportion,” Haynesworth said. “He’s a very passionate guy. When things aren’t going his way, he gets down on himself. All those reports that he refused to go back in the game and everything else, they kind of blew it out.
“They can make you there or they can break you there. That’s why I think it’s time for him to go start his career elsewhere and be that Hall of Fame quarterback that he can be.”
When asked if Young still wants to play for the Titans, Haynesworth said: “I would think so. I haven’t asked him that question. He doesn’t want to leave a sour taste in people’s mouths. He wants to make everyone happy. He wants to make the fans happy and probably go elsewhere after his contract is over.”
Haynesworth declined to elaborate when asked if Young is in Titans coach Jeff Fisher’s doghouse.
“I’m not saying any names,” he said, adding that his relationship with Fisher was just okay. “Some good things and bad things. I don’t hate the man.”
When asked why his relationship with Fisher wasn’t a better one, Haynesworth replied: “I have no clue. Things happen over time and it changed.”

brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote