View Single Post
Old 06-24-2009   #19
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1627 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Slaton vs. Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
I'd be happy to have either RB on my team. Slaton or Johnson. Would not matter to me much but this concerns me a little about Chris Johnson...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...s&confirm=true

More power to him if he wants to do the TD celebration thing but those are two bad examples to follow. TO's antics entice feuds with his disrespecting the Cowgirls and the ball spin on the 50 yard line. Ernest Givens and his electric slide never really was meant to irk opposing teams. His slide was to get the fans pumped. TD celebrations should be for those to get fans pumped not irk or disrespect opponents. Ocho Cinco... I do like his antics but stick with one and make it a thing that fans can recognize and particpate in. I knew the electric slide was coming everytime Givens scored. I loved it.

I'm not too fond of it either. I realize what he's doing is in fun (changing his little nickname as well) and thats all good, they should have fun. But it brings a negative perception to CJ and the Titans and I'm not fond of bringing attention to yourself, especially in this way.

That said, I'm a firm believer that antics like this rarely affect what we see on the field and as long as that stays true I have no problem with it.
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote