View Single Post
Old 06-14-2009   #11
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: New Lady Texan on the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Well, for sure, a seasoned GRANDMA, PLUS 42 years experience as a Labor and Delivery nurse, can't let this thread pass her by!

I'm not going to tell you not to worry, because you have a lifetime of worrying about to begin. BUT, I can tell you to just relax, take one day at a time, and enjoy every minute of it. You'll have plenty of people around to help you with the worrying part, so put a smile on your face, sit back and enjoy the ride of your life.

Above all, remember this baby is YOURS, so what someone else did with their baby might not apply to you. You will be given more advice than you will know how to handle, SO please take a little from someone who has spent a lifetime working with new parents. Put the baby books away and use good old fashioned COMMON SENSE!! When in doubt, ask your new daughter's grandparents, the best source of info you will ever receive.

Congratulations to you and your wife!! The moment you first hold that new baby in your arms will be one of the sweetest you will ever know. Your fears will subside and the love you have in your heart will burst through. From that moment on your DADDY instincts will come through for you, and together with your wife and family, you will be blessed beyond anything you have ever dreamed.
I agree on the Baby Books , except for sympoms and stuff .

I think the biggest things are these .

They need boundries , because they will seek them until they find it .

Be active in their lives , sports , PTA , church , plays , or whatever .

Be quick to compliment and slow to be critical , unless of course they need it and that time will come . The world is not all warm fuzzies and I think kids need to learn that it's ok to be instructed .

I think in today's society , we spend alot of time going to all kinds of afterschool activities . Do not get so busy that you neglect your family time , even if it's setting down for a 30 minute dinner .

I think the numero uno thing is ... don't sweat the small stuff and most things are small . That doesn't mean that they shouldn't clean their rooms for example . It means they crawl , walk , then run and if they leave a sock on the floor ... it's not a big deal . At least 10 years down the road it isn't .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote