View Single Post
Old 06-14-2009   #9
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 23727 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: New Lady Texan on the way

As another Grandmother, I was going to post the same thing SheTexan said.

My mother was also an RN that worked with newborns.

It is COMMOM SENSE!

All babies are different, they develope at differnt times. So don't let anyone tell you because something has not happened by a certain time that you have problems. If you have questions ask the pediatrician. If you don't feel the doctor's answers sound reasonable to you, get a second opinion.

I have one granddaugther that never crawled, she rolled her way around the floor, they she started to walk. She is now 8 and loves school and swims like a fish. She also had no teeth till she was about a year old then they all came in at once.

My other granddaugther (whose father is 6'4", mother 5'7") first pediatrician wanted to put her on growth hormones when she was little because he thought she was growing too fast. So they checked with other doctors and found a new pediatrician. Common sense.

Enjoy them while they are babies, take LOTS and LOTS of pictures. It will help to prevent you from killing them while they are teenagers. (sarcasm)

Congratulations!