View Single Post
Old 06-13-2009   #5
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: New Lady Texan on the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSofA04 View Post
Less than a month before her arrival. I'm crazy scared but very excited at the same time. First time parent here, just looking to do my best =) Thanks all!

You know, I've played a lot of sports. Played baseball, football and ice hockey in high school. Played college football at Trinity University for one year. Done a few other intramurals. I build stuff. I like to fix stuff. But dammit to hell, I don't know the first thing about a baby girl!!! Basically, I spend a lot of time on this board with my extended TEXAN family and I'm sure a lot of you have daughters. Any good advice would be appreciated. I'm a bit of a learner-by-observer....but in my case this isn't possible. Any good advice someone gave you that worked out? I donít care about the whole ego thing, I just want to do my best with her.

Thank you in advance.
Just buy her tons of Texans stuff! Check out the Woodlands Pro store. It's where we got our Texans pacifiers and stuff. I practically bought out the store. The woman of the house wasn't too happy with our bank account when I came home but she sure was happy. She's a Texan fan too!

Seriously... I hate babies. I've ALWAYS hated babies. I think they're the ugliest things in the whole world. People who think they're cute are nuts and blind!

Most people know that I've got a 7 year old boy but those same people also don't know that I'm not the biological father. I never bothered to explain. Why bother? I never saw him as anything but my son and nothing will ever change that. Nothing!

Back to my point... I had my first baby 8 days ago. I did not enter Cage's life until he was 2. I never had the opportunity to have a baby tossed in my life until now. I did my hardest to keep them away! Ugly little barfing, pooping, grabbing everything and putting in mouth little monsters. I felt so strongly about it that I had a vasectomy on my 18th birthday.

MJ got pregnant. I was angry. I couldn't understand. I did all I could to keep this from happening. I love children but my only option is to adopt and I KNEW I was going to adopt a toddler. No babies. 2 year minimum age to join the Keathley family.

Then Robert Michael (RK) came.

Keep in mind, I know nothing about babies. They made my skin crawl and I've got 7 nieces and 2 nephews! I've only got 8 days of experience but let me reassure you of this... if RK can make a lifelong baby hater like me into a seasoned pro after a mere 3 days or so... you'll be all right.

I can honestly say that I'm a changed man. I felt the tension leave my shoulders for the first time in my life. Watching Cage (my 7 year old) around Robert brings me to tears. Tears I tell you.

Dude... I'm as brash and crude as they come but if you wave a baby in front of me right now... I'm going to fall apart into tears. I now understand the ohhinh and ahhing... although I still think they ugly but I'm having the time of my life right now.

Whodathunkit! All because of a baby!

Now... for it being a gurl... I can't help you there. I'd probably turn mine into a tomboy or something. One thing... diaper changes... you gotta dig into the private region and ensure its clean after a messy poop. Sounds nasty but it's gotta be done. Someone can elaborate better.

Congratulations, dad!