View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009   #70
Lucky

Rep Power: 208260 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Trade for VY....

I can't believe I'm I am posting in this thread...

First, no team will trade for Vince Young's contract. Not for a 7th round pick in the 2100 draft. Ain't happening. So, let's set this foolishness aside, and discuss Young's options when, not if, he's released by the Titans.

No one was a bigger critic of Vince Young as a QB than I. I still think his best position is a slash, ala early Kordell Stewart. There are teams in the NFL with innovative offensive minds that could use Young in this manner. The Texans are not one of these teams. The Texans run the Bronco West Coast/Zone offense and will continue to do so under this regime. There's no flexibility to work in elements of a wildcat/slash type offense on even a part-time basis.

The Cardinals under Whisenhunt could utilize a hybrid like Young. So could the Chiefs, the Broncos, the Dolphins, and the Pats. The question is, would Vince Young accept a role as a slash player? Or would he pout and demand to play a conventional QB position? If Young would embrace the role, he could still become one of the more dynamic players in the NFL. If insists on being a QB only...

The CFL needs QBs, too.