View Single Post
Old 06-02-2009   #10
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 86686 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Need more proof that VY has some maturity issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
I disagree. Plenty of QB's have had first and second year seasons comparable to VY's. Kerry Collins had a worse rookie season than VY. Their second seasons VY would have the edge save for his int-TD ratio. But besides that, if you look at the production VY showed steady improvement as a QB from his first to second year. You can even look at Eli Manning's second year and it's comparable to VY's. Eli still hasn't actually had a completion percentage higher than VY's second season.

I look at all the guys around the leauge who have busted as QB's or have not been much better, but yet have been given multiple opprotunities to play the position, and IMO, VY deserves the same chance.

We can argue about his INT-TD ratio and whether or not it's a correctable problem, but besides that there is really no debate about whether the guy was improving as a player...especially when you compare him to other guys who have played early...

He may never be a top tier QB, but I think that he can atleast provide the same value at the position as some of the second tier QB's if he is willing to humble himself and accept tutelage...

I can go with that a little. I think he has had plenty of opportunity to show, he just hasn't shown that he's the guy for the long term. even coming into last year in the Jax game, he didn't look all that great. & i don't think his problem is tutelage, i just think he doesn't read a defense fast enough to run a pro style offense & he misses his 2nd & 3rd option guys out on routes. At UT, he would just take off at the 1st sign of trouble & it worked b/c he was a superior athlete. That's not gonna work in the NFL b/c everyone's fast.

My personal opinion of him is that he'd probably be a better more immediate contributor to a pro team as flanker WR or something similar to what Randle El is doing.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote