View Single Post
Old 05-29-2009   #31
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sausage King "Making it Rain"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
I'm kinda with Tex on this 1. This is a non story & imo has no bearing on anything about the kid as of late. The only reason it's getting the headlines it's getting is b/c Pacman Jones has linked a negative connotation to the term "making it rain" & b/c it's the offseason & we have nothing to talk about.

Check out mario doing the unspeakable.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mElEIPg9ejk

By the way, this was the same offseason he was caught on video "racing" his lambo. I didn't hear too much about it here back then & i don't hear anyone questioning his maturity or if his teammates follow him as a leader of the defense now.

For arguments sake lets bring a real people into this. Ken Stabler wasn't exactly known as the consumate pro qb when he played yet his teammates had no problem following him. Ditto for Jim Mcmahon, Joe Namath. If you can play, it doesn't matter what you do off the field & that goes for any position.
Actually it got plenty of run around here. Not as much as the racing video but it still got some people hot under the collar. Also, shortly there after Mario apologized for his error in judgment. It was also his rookie year. Let me repeat this because it is worth repeating, IT WAS HIS ROOKIE YEAR. Making mistakes when you come into a lot of money is one thing but you have to learn from them and so far Mario has shown he has learned and is maturing. VY not so much, it looks more like he is still immature.