View Single Post
Old 05-29-2009   #22
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sausage King "Making it Rain"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
It's not a story. He's a grown man. Who cares if he's a QB. So because he's a QB, he can't go to the club, have a few drinks, and throw some money around? It's not some "uncommon thing" for peopel to do that in night clubs. I've seen people do that plenty of times. A few buddies and I did it in Vegas a few years back at the Moon hotel at the Palms because we were having fun and cutting loose. We weren't hurting anyone. If VY or any other athlete wants to give some money away and have fun while doing it, it shouldn't be a problem. This has nothing to do with his play on the field or his reputation, except for people that are looking for something to criticize him for.
If you think this has nothing to do with his reputation in the locker room then you have no idea about sports. Guys like TO, Plaxico and VY are not leaders. Payton, Brady and Brees are leaders because of how they carry themselves on and off the field. It is like when we had YKW, Mr Last in, first out. Now we have Schaub who is first in and last out of the film room. Same goes for the other QBs I just mentioned. VY is no where near that type of guy and never will be.

Quote:
I'm defending the guy, because this is a non story and there is nothing currently out there suggesting that VY isn't doing what he's been asked to do by his coaches. From the last few articles I read, he was doing everything that was he was asked to do.
There is nothing out there that suggest VY is not doing everything he's been asked to do? How about when he was drafted, he was expected to become the face of the franchise and be the leader of the team. How is that working out for him? So far all he has done is cry about being Booed, got hurt then disappeared with a gun and then he has his mommy come running to his defense. Yeah the exact kind of guy only PeeWee Herman would follow.

Can you please provide links of these stories that says he is doing everything asked of him. I have never seen one that says he is doing anything other than him making an ass of himself or quotes saying that he believes the QB position is up for grabs which is the exact opposite of what Fisher is saying.

You think there is nothing wrong with what VY does or what Romo did is because you have never been in an environment where your actions reflect on a lot of other people. It does not matter that Romo went their to relax, he has yet to win a single playoff game and so the public percetion is not going to be kind to him. It is not what the media makes people think, on this story they reported it and the talk shows lit up with bad publicity for Romo, because he is the quarterback of the dallas cowboys.

I am basically self employed now, after buying into a distributorship. If I do something at a Bike Rally it reflects on me my part of the company and the company as a whole. If I do something completely outrageous and it looks bad on the company I can have my distributorship yanked. It is called a character clause.