View Single Post
Old 05-29-2009   #16
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Rep Power: 1065 Texan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sausage King "Making it Rain"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
See now you're buying into the media and the stuff they tout out there. There was nothing wrong with Romo going to Cabo either. Romo went out of town to relax for a few days when he had a full week off. Players do that all of the time, and the only reason why that got out is because he was with Jessica SImpson, and the media never reported how Witten was there the entire time as well. Just because the media creates this garbage that this guy can't do that and that guy can't do that just because he's a QB, but the WR's of the NFL are allowed to be these divas who are known for all sorts of other wild ventures is okay? That is silly.

I don't hold these QB's to any higher standards just because "the media" tries to get everyone else to. If they can do activities outside of football and still come to work and do what they're supposed to do, then I could care less what they're doing with their time as long as they're not breaking the law and doing things that will put them in jail.

Criticizing a guy for haing a few drinks and making it rain for a few seconds in the club sounds pretty Skip Balylessish to me. I guess next we'll be saying that QB's shouldn't be able to go to night clubs because they're held to a higher standard or maybe we should give them all curfews from now on.
No, I'm not buying into any media hype. NFL QB is by far the most difficult position in professional sports, and not just because of what happens on the field. Everybody-from coaches, to teammates, to fans, to media-holds QBs to a totally different standard. QBs can't be "one of the guys" all the time like say a DT can be. It takes wayyyy to much dedication to be a good one too. I can just about promise you this. While VY is in the club making it rain, Peyton is already studying game film of the Jaguars, Dolphins, and Cardinals. While VY is thinking about which party to go to, Brady is thinking about getting his timing back down with Moss and Welker.

And there absolutely was something wrong with Romo going to Cabo before a playoff game. That wasn't the time for him to relax! He has the "offseason" to relax. He has to understand the position he's in. You're QB of the Dallas Cowboys (as much as I hate them). The team hasn't won a playoff game in over a decade. You're supposed to be the new wonderkid, and the week before you're off relaxing in Cabo when you should be breaking down game film?!? And then to top it off, you come back and lose! You can't do that as a NFL QB. It's different Tex, trust me. Whether you want to hold them to a higher standard or not, it's there-always has been and always will be.