View Single Post
Old 05-28-2009   #48
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 99691 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: A sister update and thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
A family friend set up a college fund for Zoe. It was the thing that made her happiest in her last days. People can make PayPal contribution on her blog (the donation link is still good) or can send a contribution this way:

The Financial Advisory Group, Inc.; c/o David Jenkins; 5599 San Felipe, Suite 900; Houston, TX 77056. Please make out the checks to "College America" and in the memo field write "FBO: Zoe Costello."

When she knew she was going to die, Debby actually dictated a final blog post for me to post for her to give her blog some closure. It was hard for her because she couldn't write or talk at the end, so I had to read her lips and then read back what I wrote down. This morning, I finally typed up all the notes from the various times I sat with her. I can't say it was the easiest thing to do. I'm fixing to put it on her blog.

I haven't accessed her blog before, so I am hoping I don't crash the danged thing. Fortunately, I know the person who put her blog online and hosts it, so hopefully, I won't screw it up. It uses Moveable Type which is the same blog software as the Chronicle uses so at least I have that familiarity.

Here's a strange story. I use CNN.com as my home page mostly out of habit. The day Debby died, when I first went online, the front page article was all about what to do with your online life when you die--passwords, etc. Twilight zone. At least Deb made some preparations like that, but it has to be very hard when someone dies suddenly.

I don't pull the lawyer card unless I really have to, but I had to threaten to sue Blockbuster for them to stop charging my sister's account while she stuck in the ICU, not being able to watch videos any more. Most things have been pretty straightforward to handle, but Blockbuster was a bunch of jerks. They kept sending videos to my poor parents (who my sister was living with the last couple of years), and it upset them each time they arrived in the mail and we were having the hardest time stopping them.
I just donated. Not a big gift, but maybe it will buy Zoe a text book or two.

Let us know when you complete the Debby's final blog. Good luck in not screwing it up! J/K. You'll do just fine.

And finally, I am boycotting Blockbuster on Deb's (you and your folk's) behalf. Not that ~$25.00 a month means anything to them, but still.