View Single Post
Old 05-05-2005   #27
Texan Dave
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginessey
Just because he played I-AA ball doesn't mean he can't be a star. Here are some names of a few stars that played I-AA ball; Michael Strahan (Texas Southern University), Steve Mcnair (Alcorn State), Daunte Culpepper (Central Florida), Darrell Green (Texas A&I).
Texas A&I (currently known as Texas A&M Kingsville) is actually lower that NCAA div. I-AA it's actually NCAA Div. II, other standouts that went their are John Randle, who was an undrafted free agent, and also a man named Earl Dotson who started at offensive Tackle for Green Bay. Also a former high draft pick played for them but never really broke out for Chicago, Johnny Bailey, when I quit playing college football he still had the single season rushing record for the entire NCAA, don't remember exactly how many yards it was but it was nearly 3,000. Also a personal friend of mine from that school made it onto the roster with Miami as a defensive end, but was diagnosed with diabeties after the 3'rd game of his rookie year. Anyone who knows anything about small school football will know all about Texas A&M Kingsville or Texas A&I
Texan Dave is offline   Reply With Quote