View Single Post
Old 05-03-2004   #29
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonTexansAreTheBest
Bradford most likely won't be here after this upcoming season. His contract runs up, and I see Texans moving away from the Bradford days and improving the #2 spot. Unless Bradford has a break out year.
I think you have a point there really. Bradford has apparently always had the lack of consistency and I've read many times that if Bradford was going to change it would have happened already. After two years I believe that too. He's going to drop some passes that break your heart and catch some passes that blow your mind and there's no predicting what it's going to be.

When he started off hot in 2002 I said that if he ever wanted to prove he was a legitimate NFL #1 or #2 then Houston was his best chance of doing it. I took that back because nobody was going to prove anything in that offense (other than Carr proving that you could get dropped 76 times and still be in one piece afterwards).

In 2003 AJ was a rookie, Carr was in and out of the lineup, and as has been pointed out Carr wasn't checking off all that much. First option and then out to the safety valve. I'm going to say that 2003 wasn't the best spot for Bradford to prove anything either.

In 2004 it's going to be no excuses I think. IF we don't see injuries throw things out of whack, IF Carr continues to progress and gets better at picking his second and third options, and IF AJ starts getting consistent attention then Bradford will either have a great season or he won't. At that point the Texans need to decide whether or not to continue with him based on his performance. I like the guy and I'd like to see him succeed. I want to believe he's going to get to play here when the W's outnumber the L's. I hope he can shine and make other teams pay when they load up on AJ.