View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009   #13
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston Hotel question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew6 View Post
I called them last night and they said they have rooms for tonight but not on saturday so kind of rules them out. Looking at the pictures of Hotel ICON, they look quite nice and watched the video on The Magnolia as well and it looked decent as well. Anyone know anything about the Lancaster?
One of my wife's relatives stayed at the Lancaster after her wedding, and loved it. They go back every year on their anniversary now I think. Never been there myself.

Someone also mentioned the hotel derrick, which is neat, but much more modern than the others. I've only been to the bar there though

You may want to look at trip advisor too. Don't go totally on the reviews (not everyone has the same taste) but you can get good general ideas:

Zaza
Icon
Lancaster
Derek
Magnolia

Again, don't take tripadvisor too seriously. Sometimes people get weird ideas on there. And since costs/expectations are included in the rating, you get some bizzaro rankings--like the drury inn and suites being rated the #4 hotel in the entire city?? No idea why some are rated so low/high...

Last edited by gtexan02; 05-15-2009 at 01:46 PM.
gtexan02 is offline   Reply With Quote