Originally Posted by Grid
Reasons Carr will have more protection next year:
1. This is the first year that our Oline has actually returned to play the next season.
2. Last year we had 2 new linemen, and one lineman changing positions.. as well as a whole new blocking scheme to learn.. they will be better this year.
3. We are going to use more timing routes to get the ball out of Carrs hands quicker.
4. As was already said.. we have talked to Palmer.
5. With a more dominant running game, defenses will not be able to zero in on Carr.. hence the drafting of Vernand Morency. Also, the zone blocking makes our running game better.. you saw it at the end of last season, it will most likely carry over to this season.
6. Same with the passing game.. more timing routes, a better running game and (hopefully) the addition of Mathis will improve that.. Mathis may not make an impact till next season though.
7. Bennie Joppru
You left out one important point ....
8. They cant do any worse ...... or can they ?