View Single Post
Old 05-01-2005   #102
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf
I agree with that, but it is kinda ironic that we don't utilize the TE more.. I am no offensive whiz when it comes to football, but it was my understanding that the TE is a key to beating the cover two and with that, I would think guys would rotate off of AJ more with a third option.. But of course many times I am sure the TE is staying in and blocking
The TE position is becoming a key piece in modern offenses and are very vital to young qbs. A good receiving te, who can also block can do wonders for your team. I had the opportunity to watch Jason Witten for dallas over the last couple of years and he is already their best receiver and best offensive weapon. (although J.Jones should challenge him for that title). I think the injury to Joppru has really hurt us. I don't remember hearing much about him in collage, but if he was drafted before witten he better have some skills. I just think the injuries to the offensive side of the ball have set David back a little. David's injuries in year 2, DD's injuries, B.Juppru's inability to get on the field, and the injury to Bollesi is probably the biggest one. It can't get any worse things have to start going our way on that side of the ball.

- Edmund Burke

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 05-01-2005 at 11:40 PM.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote