View Single Post
Old 05-01-2005   #96
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 357040 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegr8fan
IMHO, Carr's Sack total has a little to do with the O-line play, but alot more to do with his lack of 'pocket awareness'. Pocket Awareness is either something you have, or don't have.
I absolutely agree Carr needs to improve his pocket awareness, but wow your powers of prognositication/memory are far superior to mine (which is entirely possible) if you can break that down into an actual % of those sacks resting more on his shoulders. I am still having flashbacks to the 3rd quarter of the Bears game and almost the entire Browns game where most of the pressure was coming right up the gut. I guess I have less of a love affair with QB's than most--IMO Manning would have been reduced to pulp behind our OL. Now Staubach (I know a hated Cowboy guy but it is the game not the affiliation I am getting at) would have made something happen. Each QB has strengths to their game--Carr is tough, we don't know a whole lot more now--Manning is a scientist given sterile conditions--Staubach was a tough gamer that made the team around him better. This year Carr has to make his own image in the NFL (not to say he is on the hot seat, but it is time to define himself in some fashion).