View Single Post
Old 05-01-2005   #90
thegr8fan
All Pro

Rep Power: 667 thegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I bet you even cheered when Carr got hurt last season, while his WIFE and 3 SONS were watching there Daddy scrape himself off the ground for the 140th time!
on that bet you would lose every time Hulk75. In fact I was shocked, and somewhat outraged when the crowd 'boo-ed' him in the last game. I didn't, nor would I ever do that. Critique him amongst football fans, yep. Publicly boo him or cheer for any player, Texan or otherwise, who is injured, NEVER. I would challenge you to find any post on here where I talked about even liking that kind of behaviour out of anyone. Don't act like you know me, or know anything about how I conduct myself at a football game.

Quote:
Quick Release- YES! 140 sacks has nothing to do with getting sacked 140 times. It has to do with Wand getting his Butt Kicked, along with Steve and Chester and the rest. If it is Carrs fault he gets sacked what is the Line responsiblity, to pick him up and brush him off!
uh, you might want to rein in the emotion when you type a rebuttal. 140 sacks has EVERYTHING to do with getting sacked 140 times. That is why they call it a sack and statmaster's even count them. Steve? Chester? what, you know McKinney and Pitts on a first name basis now? Eat at the same table as often as you eat at mine, do you? The last sentence I am having a hard time deciding what your intent is. Are you admitting that it is Carr's fault for the sack and the way the lineman say 'that was your fault Carr' is by picking him up and brushing him off? Or are you saying that their only responsibility is to pick him up and brush him off? And here I thought they were supposed to actually block another Defensive player, or two. Couldn't we just get a 'pick him up and brush him off' support type person who could run in from the sidelines like a waterboy and do this instead of paying all that money to our Lineman to do this? Seems like it might free them up to do something else, like say block somebody. Perhaps that is the problem, they are so worried about forgetting about picking him up and brushing him off that they can't concentrate on the blocking part.

Don't read too much into my reply Hulk75. I don't hate on Carr. I don't think that my posts say that at all. I do critique him, just as I do the other players, and the team as a whole. Carr is not above critique. That is all I am saying. I am not even saying he is in the bottem half of the NFL as far as QB's, IMHO. I just haven't seen anything to make me think he is some kind of QB superstar. Perhaps that is to come in the next year, perhaps not. We will see when the season starts. I am sitting here hoping that he dramatically improves next season and things start clicking for him and the team, particularly the O-line play. We will have to see. But I can critique what I have seen so far and it isn't all the great, IMHO. It ain't bad, but it ain't great, either. It is quite simply just good QB play, average, good, play.

IMHO, Carr's Sack total has a little to do with the O-line play, but alot more to do with his lack of 'pocket awareness'. Pocket Awareness is either something you have, or don't have. It isn't taught. If Carr had more of it, he would 'feel' where the sack was coming from and avoid it, or get rid of the ball before the pocket collapsed or he was sacked. If I had to point out one glaringly obvious problem with Carr, that would be it. He just doesn't seem to be able to tell when someone is near him or not. Sometimes he hears phantom feet and sometime he doesn't hear the real feet that are coming for him. All are symptoms of a very poor Pocket awareness, IMHO. Until that improves he will always be simply an average QB, IMHO. That isn't a 'hate on Carr', it is quite simply an observation.
thegr8fan is offline   Reply With Quote