View Single Post
Old 05-01-2005   #87
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegr8fan
yes. I think he is a good QB. Great QB, nope. :
Glad to see you think Brady is a good QB. Interesting about the Montana thing as it was the same knock on Joe as some folks are putting on Brady. Personally I think Brady is about as good of a QB as there is today in an all aound sense. Smart, accurate, resonably mobile and doesn't give the game away. The reason I asked about Brady is, if you look at Carr's and Brady's 04 numbers they are VERY similar. They each threw for ~ 3500 yards, they each made about the same number of throws and completions, 60%+ completion rate and 14 INTs. Where you will see a difference is TDs. (the interesting thing is if you look at the top 7 or 8 QBs the same GENERAL thing holds true). So, if he is throwing for approximatly the same amount of yards, the throws and completions are close and have nearly the same INTs, but only differ in the number of TDs, what do you think may be the issue???? Could it be the scheme and coaching dicisions in the red zone??? Ya think! And lets not forget that ALL the other QBs had MUCH better O-lines to work behind. So to trash David for what he is doing would be a large error. He is ALLREADY performing at or near the top QB levels in the league. Do we want him to get more TDs....of course, but to do that requires the right red zone calls being made so that the score happens. He is making all the throws between the twenties that is why his numbers are similar to the others, but the OC is making mistakes inside the twenty.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote