View Single Post
Old 05-01-2005   #84
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72567 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegr8fan
Carr Bomb, I am really curious how you can seem to evaluate the O-line as a unit, you can even break it down to individuals, naming McKinney as the prime culprit, and you can talk about how bad it is. But for some reason you can't evaluate a QB himself, or how his progress is in regards to the team. How is it that you can apply some criteria for evaluation of the ENTIRE O-line, but can't seem to find the criteria to evaluate a single QB?

You want me to evaluate our Qb fine.

Things he needs to work on: at times his throwing motion seems to side armed, especialy on intermediate short range passes, leading to the occasional batted ball. Although there have been qbs succeed with unorthodox throwing styles I would like to see him straighten it out, but he does have great success with it when he runs a boot leg.

Gets happy feet at times, but again until we solidify the line I don't expect that to improve a whole lot.

People have question if he progresses through his reads, but again until we solidify the line I expect to see him to continue to dump off, Although having said that he did improve greatly in that area last year, especially in the begining of the season. Gaff had his best year as a pro and on many occasions he hooked up with D. Armstrong.

I really don't have any other beef with him and of the 3 things I mentioned 2 relate to the pressure and time he has two throw. Now I'm not saying the pass rush is the reason everytime he makes those mistakes, but if you see that much pressure you start expecting it on every play. Its like the clock in his head has been sped up and as soon as it goes off he looks to get rid of the ball. Hopefully with improved pass protection we can add a few seconds to that clock.

Things I'm pleased with: Leadership and toughness- Many qbs put in Carrs position would already have started wars in the press and probably already start to question the franchise and his lineman PUBLICLY. Carr hasn't drawn this organization nor his teamates through the mud, instead he has taken his lumps and in turn gained the respect of his teamates. Even had said this however I beleive if Carr suffers another 40 something sack season I expect him to start speaking out, as well he should, 4 seasons is plenty of enough time to find adequate protection. We saw the beginnings of it one the field last season.

Grace under fire- Last year I saw some pretty good throws made under alot of pressure, sure there were other that weren't great, but Qbs aren't always going to make a perfect throw under pressure.

Arm strength- Carr definetly has a NFL arm, no questions there

Mobility- That was one of the surprises with Carr, cause I didn't remember hearing anything about during his collage career- although he probably didn't have to run as much

Accuracy and Touch- Although he isn't a master of both yet, he did make alot of progress on both last season, especially on the long ball.

All in all he didn't have that bad of a season, considering the circumstances. Especially in the first have of the season. I don't know what happened during the second. Maybe he was flustered or maybe we had half a season of game tape for our oppenents to study and with never really establishing a steller running game we didn't give them much to respect in that area. He threw for more tds than ints (which is what everybody was asking for) and usually about 90% of the time, their next season is really where they start to improve dramtically.

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 05-01-2005 at 08:54 PM.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote